At Omnicor, we believe that great leaders are made, not born. But to do so takes effort and real behaviour change. Our Leadership Development Programmes are tailored to our clients’ strategic and tactical realities. Based on principles of coaching and the science of behaviour change, the leadership programme offers a unique opportunity to activate an organisation’s leadership potential.
The Main Approach
Omnicor’s approach to developing leaders draws from our extensive experience in coaching and organisational development. Our approach has at its core this fundamental insight: Adults learn best through doing. Consequently, our programme emphasises exposure, experimentation, and practical exercises over theoretical learning. Using a tailored group coaching methodology, developing leaders are challenged to push their own developmental boundaries and get actively involved in their own transformation.
Consequently, our programme emphasises exposure, experimentation, and practical exercises over theoretical learning. Using a tailored group coaching methodology, developing leaders are challenged to push their own developmental boundaries and get actively involved in their own transformation.
We also think that online and peer-to-peer learning greatly facilitates leadership development more than just contact sessions alone.
Elements of Leadership Development
All of our Leadership Development Programmes have the following elements in common:
- Strategic engagements with the client organisation
- A faculty of expert coaches who deliver the programme content
- A lead facilitator who acts as key account manager for the programme
- Group sessions that run over the course of the programme
- Training and use of internal development facilitators
- Frequent check-ins and meetings with project sponsors
- Pre- and post-360 degree assessments of behavioural change
- Assignments that concretise behaviour change
- On-line forums and learning for between-session development
Developing leaders that will take organisations into an uncertain future takes some doing, but using the methods we’ve outlined above can go a long way in getting you there! Learning how to become a leader is tough. It can be a gruelling, often anxiety-laden process. But using a well-conceived leadership development programme helps make that journey a bit more pleasant.
If you’d like to know how we can help you develop leaders, visit our Leadership page here.