Omnicor’s OD team collaborates closely with HR professionals in delivering Executive Coaching, 360 reviews, and Culture surveys. Behind the scenes, these dedicated individuals craft and implement people strategies that protect and support organisations, often without acknowledgment. Their role is multifaceted and challenging, they need to balance the demands of various stakeholders, often with limited resources, all within South Africa’s robust legal framework and relentless pace of business demands. In recognising this, we wish to shine a light on our HR partners. These unsung heroes manage sensitive matters with discretion, steer through the complex interpersonal dynamics( lots of drama), and are expected to drive change, where the margin for error is slim and the pressure immense. It is their silent resilience and unwavering poise that we celebrate and support.
A study conducted by Workvivo, an employee experience app, surveyed over 520 HR professionals in the U.S. and U.K. and found alarming levels of burnout among HR professionals:
- A staggering 98% reported feeling burned out due to workplace transformations and the Great Resignation1.
- 94% felt overwhelmed, 88% dreading work, and 97% reported emotional fatigue over the past year2.
- Office politics added to the stress, with 83% stating it disrupted the workplace, and only 29% felt their work was valued, leading to 78% considering leaving their jobs2.
- Additionally, 73% reported not having the necessary tools and resources to perform their job well3.
These statistics underscore the critical need for mental health and stress management support within the HR profession. For detailed reference and to view the entire study, you can follow this link to the Forbes website: 98% Of HR Professionals Are Burned Out, Study Shows1.
🌟 Mental Health Awareness Day: 🌟
On Mental Health Awareness Day, we recognise the profound importance of mental well-being in the workplace. Omnicor is proud to contribute to this vital conversation by providing a workshop to our valued customers that aligns perfectly with today’s message on the importance of self-care. We’re extending a special complimentary session to the HR partners of our clients. The session is designed to offer guidance and enhance understanding in the following areas:
- Understanding Mental Health: Dive into the basics of mental well-being and its impact on work-life balance.
- Practical Self-Care: Learn strategies to prioritise your mental health, even on the busiest days.
- Supportive Networking: Connect with peers to have an open and honest dialogue about your shared reality.
- Building Resilience: Arm yourself with strategies to recover from workplace stressors effectively.
Reach out to Colleen McLintock( HOD OD ) if you want more information at firstname.lastname@example.org